Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Letting Go

My hands cannot hold your face,
So they paint solemn pictures
Frida Kahlo style.

My lips cannot kiss your mouth,
So they stick together dryly
Unlubricated by tongue or tears.

My heart cannot feel your spirit,
So it sits in the worst loneliness
Witnessed, yet unseen.

My body cannot press against yours,
So it tries for solitary release
Leaving me in disappointed whimpers.

My mind cannot frolic with yours,
So it retreats in darkness
As I slowly begin to heal.


Mind Ramblings of an Overdramatic Nature

Phalanges twitch wanting to spew forth languanges..
Wait. Backspace.
wanting to layer linguas upon the smooth floor of polished paper............
Aaaa lilting ballet of eloquent emotion. 

Pause. Sigh. Eye-roll. Continue.
Wine wastes the edges of raw
leaving a delusional cotton-candy version 
of the carnage laid waste across my mind
ravaged hearts,
 massacred moments,
scavenged meanderings through memories. 

Do I proceed? Why stop now.
I try to guess what you think
It is a masochistic errand
even fools won't touch. 
If only I had a magic bean 
to bury in your heart soil
and grow an aorta capable 
of pumping blood to your brain. 
It was lost in the nether regions
where we whiled away hours in rehearsal 
playing at making love. 

Period. Delete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment