Monday, October 1, 2012

The Affair

The Beginning:

There is no sweeter invitation
than your unlocked door
I slip in,
clothes off,
switched on,
My world narrows.

Surpassing passion couples
with simmering fears
of what is,
what can be,
what will never be,
My foundation cracks.

You drive deep digging my well
water springs free
I wipe my tears,
you tell me-
I am beautiful...
My gates unhinge.

The Middle:

Limeade tickles my tongue
Vodka loosens my mind.
The heat of you
strikes the spark in me
I combust.

Dry goods room
the best place to start a fire.
The obvious is poetry in action.
Pretty words can't describe
the feeling of my face
pressed into your shoulder
I fragment.

The world floats
in its humdrum pace.
I sail within
thrumming under my skin
to my own beat.
I  simmer.

The End:

In the sunshine I feel broken
Scars exposed to rays sear open.
Another delusion shifts
to disenchantment.

Tired  I pull my cloak over my head,
wearily grasp my lantern,
and walk alone
into black.







No comments:

Post a Comment